Welcome Benvenuto Assalamualaikum Bienvenue Selamat Datang hua-nyíng-gua-nglín Willkommen Bienvenido Sugeng-Rawuh hwangyong-hamnida Wilujeung-Sumping Welkom Velkommen Aloha Salamaik-Datang Sawasdee

Tuesday 10 July 2007

32: What is My Fault?

My first year in Bandung was a tough. I had to learn the language, the culture, and the custom. One moment when I had to interact with my Sundanese teacher, I experienced something bad. I needed to copy my paper and I asked her permission to take my paper which she kept in her desk. I asked her politely with my Sumatran-Indonesian dialect. I admit that our dialect is tougher and sound harder than Javanese. She thought that I was yelling her asking in loud voice. I did not know what I did was wrong. according to me, I already spoke with a normal sound, maybe for I am a Sumatran, I speak a bit louder. it's normal.
she was very angry, she said I was impolite. I had to say sorry. I was sorry then. unfortunately, it happened in teacher's room in break time. all eyes were on me. I felt like i was humiliated. what is my fault. Badly, every time she begins the lesson, she starts with telling my story to others.
Share:

0 Comments:

Blog Archive

c'est moi

Member of

1minggu1cerita